The 2021 Cascade Festival of African Films will be held virtually from February 5 to March 10, 2021. The festival will remain free and open to the public, but films will be shown online. Check back here soon for more details and the list of films!
We are hiring!
Cascade Festival Of African Films
Film Festival Assistant Coordinator -Remote (but local to Portland preferred)
Contract: November 2020-April 2021 (possibility for extension/renewal)
Schedule will vary but will average 5-10 hours a week
Cascade Festival of African Films (africanfilmfestival.org) is seeking an assistant coordinator to help produce our 2021 festival. The assistant coordinator will collaborate with our Festival director, Associate Director, and large volunteer committee to help manage and produce our 2021 festival. Great position for someone interested in film festivals or film, looking for a side job or extra income!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contacting and distributing sponsorship documents to current sponsors
- Securing relevant documents, checks, and logos from each sponsor to meet production deadlines.
- Maintaining records of sponsor donations and contact information.
- Recruiting new sponsors
- Grant research and management
- Assist with creating content and posting to social media platforms
- Assist with targeted outreach and invitations to community groups
- Learn and assist with managing online screening platform (eventive)
- Provide support for online film discussions (zoom, live-streaming)
- Assist with tracking film files and formats
- Help screen potential films and offer feedback as needed
- Strong interest in film and or/film festivals ( an interest in African film is a plus!)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of personalities.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong skills in working with google drive, Zoom, and social media
- Preferred experience with online streaming, video formats, and basic website editing (WP)
- Responsive and communicative via phone, and email
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org priority deadline is October 15th ( applications will still be accepted after this date until position is filled)
The Cascade Festival of African Film is an equal opportunity employers, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.